Saturday, October 22, 2005

Getting around


Started out the day at a womens longboard contest at Ocean Beach (OB). The waves where junk and the weather was overcast, cold and a light drizzle. I wasn't there to compete I was just a spectator. I was killing time before i had to head up to a ski function at Ranchcraft in San Diego. At 1pm I headed out to Poway to check out a snowboard rail jam in a the parking lot of K-5. That is where they had a flatbed truck with a flat down box attached to a ramp. Just bring in some blocks of ice and a chipper and you have snow for a contest. Lots of people hanging out and watching. Then I ended my day at a beerfest (more like drunkfest) at the San Diego Sports Arena. We sponsored the event and gave out tickets. It was a flop of a event. I hope we never do that again.

No comments: